Sunday, November 21, 2004

Giving Thanks and Other Stuff

It's Thanksgiving week, and I thought it only proper to post a list of some of the things I'm most thankful for this year:
  • I have the most amazing family. My wife loves me (almost as much as I love her), she's gorgeous, and she spoils Piper and me rotten. My daughter is adorable, she's gotten big into giving hugs and kisses without being asked, and she has the sweetest smile I think I've ever seen. And we found out the other day that the 'one in the oven' is a boy! I'm very thankful to God for my family.
  • I may be going bald, but my haircuts cost nothing. Seriously, that's huge. No, seriously!
  • I live in what I truly believe is the greatest nation on earth, where I am free to pursue my dreams, where I am free to say what I like, and where I can worship as I please. Praise God! And may He help me not to take these things for granted!
  • Chocolate. Always thankful for chocolate.
  • I am so thankful for Southlake Church. I know God is working through His body all over the world, but my friends -- my family -- at Southlake are so precious to me. I'm glad to be in a place where so many people have such a real desire to know God, more and more.
  • Dubya won. (Not that I ever really doubted...)
  • I have a good job, if frustrating sometimes, where I make a comfortable living. And I have great friends there who really care about me.
  • Did I mention my family? They're awesome.

That's probably enough for now. I thank God for each of these blessings. And I pray that you and your family would have much to be thankful for as well!

Grace and peace, Brian




No comments: