Sunday, April 24, 2005

Scattershoot

My mother came down Saturday for a few minutes, mainly to see her grandkids, but while she was here she planted a few flowers in the front flowerbed and directed me on moving a tree in that same bed so that it wasn't so close to the house. Once the tree was moved I attempted to brace it the way it had been, only to find that of the 3 or 4 stakes, only 2 were left, so the two I pushed back in the ground probably won't be enough to keep it from leaning over. I guess I'll have to go buy something to take care of that, but I must confess that my expertise in this little project was at the breaking point the moment I picked up a shovel...

I was fairly disgusted to find that the mulch was covering piles of clumped-up concrete, which apparently was left in the bed after the construction ended.

************************

'Just for fun', I took a career assessment test online yesterday, and was rewarded with a list of the 10 best careers for someone like me. Of the 10, 5 were variations on a theme of either professional musician, actor, or writer (translation: in my dreams).

Two were totally unexpected: decorating and art work and occupational safety. ...o...k...

And the other 3 were:

  • Psychological Research
  • High School/University teacher
  • Trade Management, which is described as 'managing design and implementation projects, such as ... computer programs' - which is, ironically, what I do today.

While the 'other' 2 above are interesting, both would require moderate to extensive additional education, so ... let's just say probably not right now.

Well, gotta run. God is still good, y'all.

B

No comments: