Monday, January 21, 2008

A Thousand Words

Its late, but before I hang it up tonight, here are a few pictures I thought I'd share. First, here is a 3-wheeler (basically a motorized rickshaw):

Next up, here is a shot I took of a father and two children riding a cycle. I haven't managed to snap a shot of a family including a mom riding sidesaddle on the back while balancing an infant or toddler on her lap, but this gives you the idea.
And lastly, the following boulder is called 'Krishna's butter ball', and is located near the shore temple at Mamallapuram. It rests on a very sloped surface, and yet, despite the tsunami and another earthquake in the last number of years, the thing has apparently not budged.

I may post once more tomorrow evening before heading to the airport to return home -- it all depends on how long it takes me to pack. However, I have much more to tell, so at worst I can continue the Chennai tales from Texas -- for a week, after which I'll return to India for another couple of weeks.

B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have fre-e-e-ezing cold weather here in Tulsa Town. I'll just jump in your suitcase when you head back...but I need to be back in a couple of days...please. :0)