Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Missing my Family

One time a couple years ago, a friend of mine was trying to get me to go somewhere on a Wednesday night, and I said no because I had church. My friend said, 'Won't God let you miss just this once?' I found myself smiling as I explained that its not that I'll feel guilty if I miss, or that I need a permission slip or something to be sure I get my Wednesday 'credits' toward a heavenly degree program.

The reason I hate to miss is because I love being there with my family, praising God, learning about Him, listening for Him. That was a fun day for me, realizing that I really felt that way about the body at SBC.

Having said that, I've missed being at Southlake for about 10 days now, and I'm practically itching to be there. I was traveling during the holiday week, then I was sick on Sunday and on Tuesday night. So tonight we have a gathering and I will be there.

How about you?
B

No comments: